RISK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS, INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
at RISK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS, INC.
Senior DevOps Engineer
RMS is building a cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market, enabling RMS’ clients to share, discover, and consume Petabytes of risk modeling and insurance data to produce big insights. We enable teams at RMS to produce world-class risk models, and our customers to consume and integrate the resulting analytical data in their business processes. On top of this platform, we are developing innovative products with state-of-the-art user experiences. We’re looking for top engineers to help us build this from the ground up in our new Bellevue office.
Are you fascinated by failure? Do you like to exercise all possible ways complex systems fail and engineer reliability features into a Bigger than Big Data Analytics platform that is at the heart of a Trillion-dollar industry transformation? Are you a servant leader that thrives on cultivating a high performance and independent team?
Senior Dev Ops Engineer
RMS is looking for engineers that are fascinated by failure, and passionate about finding and solving problems in distributed systems. Do you like to exercise all possible ways complex systems fail and engineer reliability features into a Bigger than Big Data Analytics platform that is at the heart of a Trillion-dollar industry transformation? If so, this role is designed for you.
We are building a new platform that:
- is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that helps our clients understand and manage risk
- is based on Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive sizes over time and large scale distributed data processing technology
You will contribute by:
- Leveraging your knowledge of High Availability, Scalability, Reliability, and Efficiency for distributed systems to influence and improve our SaaS services working with the architecture, engineering and infrastructure teams.
- Implementing observability strategies and tools for proactive detection of failures and deliver visibility into services metrics.
- Working with our security experts to automate security into the platform and services.
Required Experience and Skills
- Expertise programming experience with Java
- Expertise in Linux software development
- Building observability into services via instrumentation, logging, and tracing.
- Good understanding of microservices concepts/architecture
- Experience developing cloud services and cloud platforms
- Experience with agile development and working with agile engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Scala and Python
- Experience with HDFS, Spark, and relational databases such as Postgres
- Experience with open source monitoring and logging technologies such as Prometheus and ELK
- Experience implementing containers in a microservices environment
- Experience educating engineers about what to log, measure and alert on with an emphasis on surfacing trends to be used for SLA/O analysis
- Experience in building analysis tooling and processes to provide mature mechanics to help users understand the state of a distributed system at a given point in time.
Experience in creating and delivering performance monitoring and insights for bespoke platforms via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.