Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BeWell PRN CNA
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 5000245466306
Categories: Healthcare - Support Services
Job TitleBeWell PRN CNA
Position TypeResource Pool
LocationBe Well Home Service (Upstate)
Location Address429 N Main Street #3, Greenville, South Carolina 29601
A Companion: Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) performs tasks that enable the client to remain in the home. This employee will provide personal care to our clients in accordance to the policies and procedures of BeWell Home Services. In addition, the Companion: CNA is independent and must inform any change observed in the client to the supervisor or Personal Life Management Nurse. The employee is also responsible for performing light housekeeping, companionship, and other services to clients, as required. This position requires active certification or licensing. The Companion: CNA will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity, and safety of a client's care.
- Understands home care philosophy.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be currently certified as a Nursing Assistant
- At least one year of successful employment experience including work or life experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant is preferred.
- Pose satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be able to travel throughout the service area.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job including bending, carrying, stooping, walking, and lifting.
- Must be flexible to assist the home care program in providing 24 hours, 7 days per week care. Some evening, night, weekend, and holiday work will be necessary.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, trainings, in-services, and team meetings.
- Has to follow written instructions (read) and document care given (write).
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail, and the impaired.
- Is comfortable providing care to disadvantaged, handicapped, or ill clients.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Provides a calm manner when in a client's home.
- Demonstrates tact and patience with others.
- Demonstrate good personal hygiene.
- Must be able to utilize technology appropriately as needed to meet the requirements of the position.