Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BeWell Companion - non-certified
at Lutheran Homes of South Carolina, Inc
Job TitleBeWell Companion - non-certified
Position TypePart Time
LocationBe Well Home Service (Upstate)
Location Address429 N Main Street #3, Greenville, South Carolina 29601
A Companion: Non-Certified Nurse Assistant (Non-CNA) performs non-clinical tasks that enable the client to remain in the home by supplementing the client and family/caregiver with abilities for providing home companionship. The Companion: Non-CNA is responsible for performing light housekeeping, companionship, and other services to clients. This position does not require certification or licensing. The Companion: Non-CNA will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity, and safety of a client's care.
- Understands home care philosophy.
- At least 18 years of age.
- At least one year of successful employment experience including work or life experience as a homemaker or companion is preferred.
- Pose satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be able to travel throughout the service area.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job including bending, carrying, stooping, walking, and lifting.
- Must be flexible to assist the home care program in providing 24 hours, 7 days per week care. Some evening, night, weekend, and holiday work will be necessary.
- Must attend all required staff meetings, trainings, in-services, and team meetings.
- Has the ability to follow written instructions (read) and document care given (write).
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail, and the impaired.
- Is comfortable providing care to disadvantaged, handicapped, or ill clients.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Provides a calm manner when in a client's home.
- Demonstrates tact and patience with others.
- Demonstrate good personal hygiene.
- Must be able to utilize technology appropriately as needed to meet the requirements of the position.