Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jacob's Studio
Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Evaluates the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment, power controls, piping, structures and earthwork to achieve the goal
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- May direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD or MicroStation and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity
- 10 years of experience required
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline is required
- EIT certificate is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- PE registration preferred
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.