Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance & Ethics Specialist II
at Fluor Corporation
Compliance & Ethics Specialist II
City (or Nearest City)
This position assists in maintaining an effective compliance and ethics program for trade exports. This entails documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes, awareness training and communications, and independent internal reviews.
• Providing consistent interpretation of Customs Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Foreign Assets Control Regulations, Anti-boycott Regulations, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Regulations, Foreign Trade Statistical Regulations, and Export Administration Regulations to all FGG business lines
• Assisting with the development of licensing strategies for the sales, support, and procurement of defense and dual use articles
• Preparing and submitting license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, and other requests for approval to the U.S. Department of State Office of Defense Trade Control Licensing, and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security and providing status updates to the programs/requestors
• Ensure all administration/record keeping requirements are met for licenses and agreements
• Determining and certifying appropriate legal authority for exports of dual-use commodities and technology and defense article hardware, technical data and defense services. Assist in the analysis and classification of products, software and technology. Participating in compliance audits and investigations and conduct internal compliance training programs
• Handling complex licensing issues - permanent and temporary export licenses, temporary import licenses
• Assist in the preparation of compliance management plans, compliance schedules, and reports
• Assist in performance of compliance reviews and follow up on findings and corrective actions
• Support development of compliance training
• Promote an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance
• Assist in preventing and detecting ethical and criminal misconduct
• Research special topics
• Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and two (2) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to six (6) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
• Good interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
• Certification as a compliance and ethics professional from a professional industry association promoting the advancement of corporate compliance and ethics
Other Job Requirements
• Participate in Fluor University for training and career development
• Contribute to and promote the use of Fluor’s knowledge management portals and communities
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.